Get ready for an unforgettably unique & fun conservation adventure!
Retrace the steps of National Geographic Emerging Explorer Alexandra Cousteau, experiencing Belize as she did, with an insider's glimpse into the people, places and adventures that make this country one of the world's most fascinating destinations. Includes extended stays at both Blancaneaux Lodge and Turtle Inn, this 8-day experience gives you a behind-the-scenes look into some of the most pristine areas of Belize.
• Three (3) nights at Blancaneaux Lodge, four (4) nights at Turtle Inn
• At Blancaneaux Lodge: Three (3) breakfasts, three (3) picnic lunches, three (3) dinners
• At Turtle Inn: Four (4) breakfasts, two (2) picnic lunches, three (3) dinners
• Two hour tour of Belize Zoo (Day1)
• Full Day excursion: A visit to the the Maya site of Carocal located deep in the Chiquibul Forest, an exploration of the Rio Frio Cave, and a stop at Rio on Pools (Day 2)
• Full Day Birding excursion: Looking at Scarlet Macaws in Chiquibul Forest: spectacular day of birding and natural history en route to the nesting site of Belize’s endangered Scarlet Macaws, through the Mountain Pine Ridge Forest Reserve (MPR) to an escarpment overlooking the Chalillo Dam and its vast reservoir. (Day 3)
• Excursion of Nohuch Che’en Reserve for an hour’s float along the Caves Branch River and a gentle jungle walk. (Day 4, excursion during transfer to Turtle Inn)
• Full day Snorkeling at the Silk Cayes and Belize Barrier Reef (Scuba Diving option available for small surcharge) (Day 5)
• Full Day free to explore or relax - (Day 6)
• Full Day adventure on the Belize Barrier Reef, exploring different snorkel or dive sites, somewhere between the South Water Caye Marine Preserve in the north and the Sapodilla Cayes in the south (Scuba Diving option available for small surcharge) (Day 7)
• Flight and overland transfers from Belize International Airport to Blancaneaux Lodge, Blancaneaux Lodge to Turtle Inn, and Turtle Inn to Belize International Airport
WINTER SEASON 2012 (through April 30)
Two (2) persons double share: $6370 US + $1061 US tax/service charge per couple
Four (4) persons in 2 doubles: $5710 US + $979 US tax/service charge per couple.
SUMMER SEASON 2012 (May 1 – December 19, excluding Thanksgiving week)
Two (2) persons double share: $5820 US + $957 US tax/service charge per couple
Four (4) persons in 2 doubles: $5160 US + $874 US tax/service charge per couple.
In the unlikely event of Friends for Conservation and Development / FCD are unable
to provide the boat or rangers due to logistical issues we reserve the right to
substitute an overland wildlife watching tour to try and spot macaws in the
borderlands between the Mountain Pine Ridge Forest Reserve and the Chiquibul
National Park). During whale shark watching season (up until mid-June) it may be
possible to snorkel or dive with whale sharks for a supplemental charge.
EXPEDITION GROUP SIZE
Minimum group sign up two (2) persons. Please note that tours are not guaranteed to be
private and in some cases they may be shared with other guests at our resorts.
When two (2) couples book together private transfers and tours are provided except for the
snorkelling excursions. Please enquire for pricing for families or small groups
Each trip participant is asked to make a minimum donation (tax free options may be
available for US residents, please enquire) of $100 US to help fund the critical work
undertaken by FCD and SEA Belize. Follow Alexandra Cousteau and her work with
Blue Legacy at www.bluelegacy.net